Friday, October 17, 2008

Our ‘Uncle Jambol’ survives accident



There was something unusual when my colleague came back to the office with some photos of an accident. Normally I just took one glance at those kinds of photos and never think of it twice.

But this particular photo caught my attention and I just kept looking at it. Suddenly it struck me that the accident victim was no other than my long distant uncle whom we call ‘Uncle Jambol’.

According to the story, the 70 year-old man was a victim of a hit and run accident which occurred near the BDC area.

He and my aunty had just finished their grocery shopping and were about to head home, not far from the shops, when the incident happened at around 11.30am today.

It was believed that a black Proton Wira was spotted at the accident scene where it stopped for a while after knocking the old man, then sped off.

Some kindhearted students (thank goodness!!) came by to his aid and later one of his son arrived to help paramedics in bringing him to hospital.

Luckily my uncle who was a long retired policeman only sustained some abrasions on his face, hands and toes.

I hope that the police will be able to catch that damn cowardly culprit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog